Starting from October, Solomon Airlines is expanding its services to Australia.
With the recent arrival of their second international aircraft, the Solomon Airlines is set to immediately expand its services from October 2023 between Solomon Islands and Australia. The move aims to meet the growing demand for travel and leisure between the two destinations.
Starting from October 2nd, the national carrier of the Solomon Islands will be ramping up its flight frequency between Brisbane and Honiara to five weekly flights. Departure times have aslo been adjusted to accommodate the increasing demand from leisure travelers.
In response to popular demand, Solomon Airlines will also reintroduce their sought-after direct flights from Brisbane to Munda in the Western Province. To make this experience even more seamless, Solomon Airliens says new domestic connections to other leisure destinations including Gizo, Seghe, and Suavanao are being introduced.
The Airline says exciting developments are also underway for Munda International Airport Terminal Building, which is expected to be completed by the end of September. The ambitious SBD$60 million project, carried out under the Solomon Islands Roads and Aviation Project (SIRAP), is poised to enhance the travel experience for passengers.
Prior to the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic, Solomon Airlines had successfully launched direct international flights from Brisbane to Munda in 2019. This strategic move had opened a second international gateway, contributing to increased visitation to the Western Province.
Speaking about the expansion, Mr. Gus Kraus, CEO of Solomon Airlines, emphasized the significance of the timing. He stated, “Our decision to invest in additional aircraft capacity now for Solomon Airlines, ahead of the Pacific Games in the short term and combined with our country’s improving aviation infrastructure will bring lasting economic benefit to Solomon Islands and beyond.”
- Increased frequency of flights from Brisbane to Honiara, now operating five times a week.
- Reinstatement of the Monday afternoon Flight IE700 from Honiara to Brisbane.
- Introduction of a new Brisbane to Honiara service on Sundays as Flight IE707, departing at 12:05 pm. This strategically timed flight allows for same-day domestic connections from various locations throughout Australia and positions travelers in Honiara ahead of the working week.
- The restart of Saturday flights from Brisbane to Munda, with Flight IE715 covering the Brisbane-Munda-Honiara route. The airline’s domestic schedule has also been adjusted to enable same-day transit from Munda to other leisure destinations, including Gizo, Seghe, and Suavanao.
- An earlier departure time for Monday Flight IE722 from Honiara to Auckland via Port Vila, with the aircraft taking off at 9:00 am.